|Don Shearn, poet, author, subterranean dweller|
The 5 Books of Krinsky has now been edited yet again. Here are some details.
1. 53 Chapters. I had hoped for either 52 chapters or 54 chapters. 54 chapters is what Sharon Rosensweig cartoonist and co-author of the Comic Torah said were the correct number of portions in the Bible.
2, 65,400 words. To win in the Nanowrimo competition you need to write 50,000 words. According to
http://www.writersdigest.com/author/chuck-sambuchino here are the correct lengths for novels.
80,000 – 89,999: Totally cool
90,000 – 99,999: Generally safe
70,000 – 79,999: Might be too short; probably all right
100,000 – 109,999: Might be too long; probably all right
Below 70,000: Too short
110,000 or above Too long
Sambuchino's article was written way back in 2012 when we all had longer attention spans.
3. The current plan is to upload the book some time this summer and begin an extensive multi-media campaign. One that hopefully won't require me to leave the basement.
4. We have been thinking about various retails for the book. The average cup of coffee in the US is between 1.38 for brewed and a 2.45 for an espresso based concoction. Is The 5 Books of Krinsky worth more than a small latte. We emphatically say yes.
I am particularly partial to 40 facts about Noah, Warren Spahn's pitching statistics, the exegesis on Samson and Delilah, as well as the mildly diverting events in the life of Danny Krinsky.
5. 2.49 seems right. Particularly since the primary market is people I know. Most everyone I know would buy me a cup of coffee under the right circumstance and pay under 3 bucks.
6. My goal for the book is for triple digit downloads. It is lofty to be sure as I have 118 Facebook friends and I can't count on all of them so there will need to be some sharing. Also, perhaps some advertising. Or public relations. But again, I would like to stay in the basement.
7. We are working on a cover. How do you like it? It is an homage.
|Possible Cover for 5 Books of Krinsky|