Looking for Something?

Monday, September 18, 2017

"Mediocre Fred", Smothers Brothers' Cover

Despite what you might think, you are not the only person who reads this blog. That other person made a comment to me along the lines of "oh, another post making fun of Trump."

Close readers of Don's Basement (and someday I would like to meet you) will have observed that 4 of the last 5 posts concerned the president. This time, I have turned my attention to one of my all-time favorite topics.

Don:


For this particular bit of nonsense, I covered the Smothers Brothers tune, Mediocre Fred. I recorded the tracks on Garage Band. Unfortunately, the sound quality reflected what I actually sang and played.



Pat Paulsen wrote the song. Paulsen was an integral part of the successful Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour. A writer and performer, Paulsen at the urging of the Smothers Brothers ran for president in 1968. (He ran subsequently as well. He passed away in 1997)


"Paulsen ran the supposed campaigns using obvious lies, double talk, and tongue-in-cheek attacks on the major candidates, and he responded to all criticism with his catchphrase "Picky, picky, picky."  Wikipedia.









2 comments:

  1. Dangerously funny, . . . and becoming more dangerous by the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disclaimer: No sleeping person were injured in the making the video. Although the singing did upset some of the neighbor's dogs. We have reached an agreement of sorts. If they quit barking, I'll quit singing. So far, there has been non-compliance on both fronts.

    ReplyDelete