Looking for Something?

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Local man types fas.t NaNoWriMo in full m.f. effect



I subscribe to the Gotham Writer's Workshop e-mail newsletter. The reason for this can be found in this charmingly out of date profile of the author Amy Shearn. (what about being a mother of two super kids and having another book published and starting a play school and blogging for Oprah)
Cute Picture don't you think?

Anyhoo, I get this e-mail that says there is a National Novel Writing Month and November is it. The deal that you write a novel of at least 50,000 words in November and then they send you an e-mail certificate. And there are lots of online and dirt world sorts of things like forums and write-ins but I couldn't figure how what powers my Icon should have.


I am up to 9719 words, a little above the 1666 average I need to keep.

Here is what I know about this organization and it comes from Wikipedia. It started in San Francisco in 1999 with 21 participants. In 2010 there were over 200,000 would be Flauberts et al. And to date for 2011, they have raised $379,587 from about 10,000 fast typists or about $40 per person.

Wow...




No comments:

Post a Comment