Looking for Something?

Monday, December 11, 2017

#8 Is Chanuka the Jewish Christmas?

The answer will probably not surprise you.

This one is personal. When our children were little; our daughter was in second grade and our son was kindergarten, we switched from being a family who celebrated both to all Jew, all Chanuka. All the time.

The kids took it pretty hard.




My daughter wrote about it. Good essay, I recommend it.

And my son...well, let's just say he worked it out on stage.

Ben Shearn as "Jew, The Obscure"

We are all fine. Maybe a little confused from time to time. Like you aren't!!!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you. I went sentimental but I really mean it. Looking forward to some holiday cheer tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the whole series, Don. Really enjoyed it. Tom Cruise is one awful actor, but Scientology's attitude on Christmas is not the worst thing about them. That Amy essay holds up like "It's a Wonderful Life." Chag Sameach, and I hope you spoil those kids with presents . . .

    ReplyDelete