Looking for Something?

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Remember when 65 was retirement age. It's Sunday....FACEBOOK STYLE

Questions:

1. What is a 'cairn?"

It is a Scottish Gaelic word which has come to mean a man-made pile (or stack) of stones.

2. Who does this kind of thing?

Vikings
People in Iceland


Artists like James Brunt
Hikers
 3. Should you create your own cairn?

Yes: "At the end of the day, building cairns for fun can be cathartic and challenging, but as a general rule of thumb, people should practice the ‘leave no trace’ method, so as not to disturb the natural environment, distort the path or risk cultural appropriation of such an ancient and sacred art form." From Culture Trip.

No: Rock cairns aren’t for aesthetics.
Rock cairns aren’t for competition to see who can build a taller cairn.
Rock cairns aren’t for having a seat for a picnic.
Rock cairns aren’t for hiding emergency gear. From Bear Foot Theory

4. Are these cairns?





Jokes: (sent to me from California)

The doctor said to the blonde, “I’m so sorry. Your dad has been pronounced dead.”
The blonde replied, “Oh my god, I can’t believe I’ve been pronouncing it wrong all these years.”

You really have to hand it to short people — because they usually can’t reach it themselves.

Did I mention that I was robbed by six dwarves last week? Not Happy!




Film:



1 comment: