Looking for Something?

Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 14: Anecdotes from the life of George Washington

As you may recall, I had promised anecdotes from the life of George Washington. I have been reading George Washington, The Indispensable Man, by James Thomas Flexner.  Flex, of blessed memory, condensed his brilliant 4 volume work, George Washington into a single volume. And I still can make neither hide nor hair of it. For some reason I am finding it difficult to concentrate.

I also have had a few digressions along the way. A friend of mine from high school sent a song on a FACEBOOK thread by Tom Lehrer. satirist, musician, and mathemetician popular in the 50s and 60s. As I have been listening to a lot of comedy these days, I came across this gem by Lehrer about the Hubert Humphrey, the second place finisher in the 1968 presidential election.




Mondale and Carter in 1980 before color film was invented.

















On the topic of Vice-Presidents, last night I had a vivid dream about Walter Mondale. I think of myself as a unique individual and still I wonder how many other humans dreamt about Walter Mondale last night. Or thought of him. Or heard of him. He is best known for asking Gary Hart, 'where's the beef?" in the 1984 presidential primary.







Back to George. Anyone can give you interesting facts about George Washington. Like History.com or Mental Floss. But Don's Basement gives you an all new George Washington Roast.


Please click on link...there is a copyright claim against this video and I can't monetize it.

Monetize it!!!

Can you believe it?


No comments:

Post a Comment