Looking for Something?

Friday, April 10, 2020

Day 21: Midgets, Dwarves, and Little People

Lately I have been listening to a lot of comedy on Spotify and Youtube. In the old days (about 3 weeks ago) I would listen to sports radio, political podcasts, The Daily, What's Next, and NPR. Just turn them on and that's it. Now, not so much.

Among the many thoughts I have about comedy is the enduring use of midget jokes. On our most recent trip to Brooklyn, I had occasion to enjoy John Mulaney and the Sack Lunch Bunch with our grandchildren, ages 9 and 11. (Highly recommended viewing if you are in the mood for non-threatening TV. ) Introduced to John Mulaney, I sought out his comedy and was particularly taken with his bit, "The Worst Word."

This led me to the rabbit hole that is this post.

First a few disclaimers...

Here is the web site for the Little People of America and their mission.


NPR posted an answer to the question, "Have you been offended by a joke?" The dwarf and a parent of a dwarf replied, "Just hope you comedians can come up with better comedy material beyond midget jokes."

Now...midget jokes through the years.











3 comments:

  1. Another controversial post from the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man walks into the bathroom, and steps up to a urinal. He can't help but notice the short man at the urinal next to him, and the large penis this man has. He says to the short man, "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice what a large penis you have." The short man replies, "I am a leprechaun, and I can grant you three wishes." The man is kind of skeptical, but he decides to believe him anyway. "OK, "He says, "I want to live in a mansion." The short man replies, "Sure. Tomorrow morning you will wake up in it." The man says, "Next, I want a beautiful girlfriend." "OK," the short man replies, "Tomorrow you will wake up next to her." The man is still not sure whether to believe him, but he continues. "I want a penis as large as yours." "Alright, but there is one catch, the short man replies. "What's that, the man asks?" "I have to have sex with you from behind, the short man says. The other man thinks for a second, and decides anything is worth getting a penis that large. "OK, go right ahead." The short man starts to do his thing, and the other man says, "I can't believe I'm gonna have a penis as big as yours." The short man replies, "I can't believe you thought I was a leprechaun!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what happens when you have unmoderated comments!!! They come out of the woodwork.

    ReplyDelete